WordPress Development: Jason Cosper, Developer Advocate at WP Engine
WordPress Development is the topic on this episode of the Web Hosting Cat Podcast. Our guest is Jason Cosper, Developer Advocate at WP Engine. Whether you’re attempting to create your first WordPress plugin and theme, or you’re a seasoned pro WordPress developer, you’ll be interested to hear what Jason has to say regarding the state of WordPress development.
WordPress Development topics we discuss include:
- How to Get Started in WordPress Development
- What Skills are needed to be an Effective WordPress Developer?
- What to Keep in Mind for Responsive Development
- WordPress Development in a Local Environment
- PHP 7 vs Facebook’s HHVM
- WP Engine’s Special Features for WordPress Developers
- The Future of WordPress Development
During the interview, Jason mentions a number of helpful resources for WordPress developers. Here are the links below:
Know the Code:
WordPress Hello Dolly Plugin:
WP Engine for WordPress Developers:
The Web Hosting Podcast is also available on iTunes.