How does Bluehost compare with Wix? This comparison between a traditional web hosting plan and a website builder package takes a look at Bluehost’s Shared Hosting plan versus Wix’s eCommerce plan.
Unmetered Web Space
Enhanced cPanel Interface
Free Cloudflare CDN
Customer Support by Phone or Live Chat
$300 Ad Vouchers
Advantages and Disadvantages
Advantages of Using Bluehost
- Complete Web Hosting Solution
- Unlimited Resources
- Ability to Host Unlimited Websites
- Wide Variety of Website Applications
- More Control over your Website
- Better Access to Customer Support
Disadvantages of Using Bluehost
- Requires More Experience with the Web
Advantages of Using Wix
- Quick and Easy Website Setup
- Easier eCommerce Website Creation
- Includes Customized Functionality for Businesses
- (Photography, Restaurants, Accommodations)
- Includes Professional Stock Photo Images
Disadvantages of Using Wix
- You’re Locked into the Wix Ecosystem
- Not as Many Resources Included
- Options More Limited
- Customer Support Access Not as Good
This comparison between Bluehost and Wix is a little closer than most of our match ups between a traditional web host and a website builder company. Here, it really comes down to the amount of online experience you have.
Wix is ideal if you’re starting out and have never created any kind of online entity. You can quickly and easily get a website online. With Bluehost, you get a more complete package that is easily better if you plan on growing and enhancing your websites in the future. Bluehost gives you a lot more control over your website. However, you’ll have to put in more of your own time building your site.
Personally, I would choose Bluehost since it offers WordPress as well as all of the other applications available with a cPanel hosting plan. On the other hand, if you just need a simple online presence, then Wix is probably better.
See our review ratings for Bluehost below: