For those who may not be aware, 1&1 Hosting has recently begun their new Shared Hosting Range campaign. For some time now 1&1 Hosting has focused a lot on first time website owners. With their MyWebsite hosting package, they have simplified the process of creating and getting a website online for newbies. Now, it seems they are aiming to expand their efforts towards all shared web hosting customers by adding some noteworthy features to their shared hosting plans.
For me, the two biggest features of the new shared hosting range are:
1. A Guaranteed 2GB of RAM for better website performance.
2. The integration of a CDN (Content Delivery Network) for shared hosting customers which can provide faster site loading times. CDN technology seems to be a growing trend that other web hosting companies such as Bluehost and Go Daddy have moved toward. See my post on Web Hosting with Content Delivery Network for more information on CDNs.
Other new features for 1&1 shared hosting customers are:
- An improved click and build application platform that includes a Safe Mode where 1&1 performs security updates to ensure you have the most up to date versions of software.
- Direct app support for WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Typo3, and Magneto—as well as MySQL and PHP.
- A new Mobile Website Builder.
These new Shared Hosting Range features are available in both Linux and Windows. For more information, visit the 1&1 Website.