HostGator has been in business since 2002 and offers a wide array of web hosting services. There are three levels of shared hosting plans which all come with cPanel and can be used for blogging all the way up to business sites. At one time, HostGator was one of the top rated web hosts. However, there was then period where there support and service didn’t seem as good as it once was. Lately though I have heard some HostGator customers who seem to be happy with their results, so hopefully they are now back on track.
Advantages and Disadvantages of HostGator
- Unlimited Disk Space
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Host Unlimited Domains (except Hatchling Plan)
- Unlimited MySQL Databases
- cPanel Interface
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
- 45 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Slower Customer Support Response Times
- Support has been spotty in the past.
- Site performance not always the best in the past.
- Restore from backups requires additional fee.
- Not the most economical option for business hosting.
HostGator is Ideal for:
- Personal Websites
How Does HostGator Compare with Other Web Hosts?
- HostGator vs A2 Hosting
- HostGator vs GoDaddy
- HostGator vs GreenGeeks
- HostGator vs InMotion
- HostGator vs InterServer
- HostGator vs iPage
- HostGator vs SiteGround
- HostGator vs Web Hosting Hub
- HostGator vs WP Engine
HostGator Company Information:
Business Started: 2002
Data Center Location: Multiple SoftLayer Locations
Price: $6.99 mo.