GoDaddy is probably best known for their domain name registration services, but they are also the largest web hosting provider. As the big player out there, they are often subject to criticism from some folks. While they may not be the perfect choice for some website owners, recent improvements to GoDaddy’s web hosting plans make their products and services worth consideration.
Advantages and Disadvantages of GoDaddy
- Largest Domain Name Registrar
- Wide Variety of Services Available
- Choose Linux or Windows Hosting
- cPanel and Plesk Control Panel Interfaces
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Unlimited Disk Space
- Host Unlimited Websites (except Economy plan)
- Frequent Special Offer Discounts
- More Features
- Live Chat Support Not Available 24/7
- Quality and Courtesy of Customer Support can be Inconsistent
- No Detailed Hardware Specs Available
GoDaddy is Ideal for:
- Managing a Large Number of Domain Names
- Small Businesses
Why Should You Choose GoDaddy?
- You can choose from a huge selection of web hosting and website plans.
- You can manage your domains and website from the same interface.
Alternatives to GoDaddy
While GoDaddy is the largest domain registrar and one of the most well-known web hosting companies, they aren’t necessarily the best choice for all website owners. Here are some other options for your web hosting that I would also recommend you check out.
If you’re a beginner looking for easy WordPress hosting, then you should also take a look at Bluehost. They offer an easy to use website builder along with customized dashboard interfaces.
If you’re concerned about the environment and are looking for the best green web hosting alternative, then I would suggest checking out GreenGeeks.
And, for business web hosting I would also recommend you consider InMotion Hosting.